How do I end an LLC?

Briefly, you'll need to file a Certificate of Dissolution (Form LLC–3) and Certificate of Cancellation (Form LLC–4/7). You can get the forms you'll need by either calling the Secretary of State at 916-657-5448, or by going online to the California Secretary of State website. The direct link to the forms is

The California Secretary of State website contains more information about ending an LLC, but it might be helpful to first read an article about the process that was published in Spidell's California Taxletter, which you can obtain by clicking the following link: Dissolve with the Secretary of State or pay another $800 tax.